- Fmax > 70MHz Normal/50MHz Invert
- Drives 100ft of cable @ 50MHz Normal
- 2 ns Typical Output Rise and Fall Times
- Four independent TTL Compatible 10kΩ Inputs
- Four independent 50Ω TTL Outputs
- BNC or SMA I/O Connectors
- DC Coupled I/O's
- Self-contained 1.3 x 2.9 x 2.9-in. Unit includes an AC/DC adapter
The PRL-444 is a four channel TTL/CMOS input, 50 Ω output TTL/CMOS Line Driver. It is intended for interfacing with computer I/O cards that have TTL outputs not suitable for driving 50 Ω lines. Each input has a 10 kΩ pulled up to 2.5 V so that it can also be driven by open-collector devices. The 50 Ω back-terminated outputs of the PRL-444 can drive long lines with or without 50 Ω load terminations. With 50 Ω load terminations, however, all outputs can drive 100 ft of 50 Ω cables at clock rates greater than 60 MHz.
If the inputs are left open, all outputs will go Hi, because the inputs are pulled up to +2.5 V. All outputs can be set to the LO state, however, by either setting the polarity inverting switch to the down position or terminating all inputs to 2 kΩ or lower. The polarity- inverting switch enables easy generation of four static Hi/Lo logic signals when the inputs are not driven.
The PRL-444 is housed in a 1.3 x 2.9 x 2.9-in. extruded aluminum enclosure and is supplied with a ±8.5 V (±1.4 A) AC/DC Adapter.